Geo-Logic open book policies and procedures
The Directors have overall responsibility for, and operational control of, the policy and are responsible for its implementation. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the impact of the company’s operations, waste management, personnel and premises are assessed and reviewed.
The company is committed to:
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation and ‘best practice’ to prevent pollution and reduce impacts
- Use energy and materials in an efficient and aware manner, and try to reduce where practicable
- Where practicable to use recycled materials where available, of suitable quality and reasonable cost
- To minimise the volume of waste sent to landfill by separation, segregation and recycling of wastes where practicable
- Ensure sub-contractors are aware of the policy and follow company procedures where practicable
- Communicate and raise awareness of the policy to staff, clients, suppliers and the public
Implementation and Arrangements
Environmental operations and procedures will be monitored reviewed and revised as required by the Directors and the policy reviewed periodically in the light of current conditions.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of the Directors of Geo-Logic Consultants Limited to the occupational Health and Safety of all personnel having access to the workplace, including sub-contractors, sub-consultants, visitors and the general public and for the promotion of health and safety awareness at all levels, by:
- Ensuring effective compliance with current and prospective statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that all practicable steps are taken to provide and maintain a safe and healthy place of work, safe plant and equipment and safe handling, use and disposal of materials and substances
- Providing appropriate training and ensuring the competence of all staff to safely perform their tasks
- Implementing procedures to report and record all accidents, near misses and incidents
- Ensuring sub-contractors are aware of the policy and follow procedures where practicable
- Communicating the aims of this policy to staff, clients, sub-contractors, visitors and the general public
Implementation and Arrangements
The Directors have overall responsibility for the policy. Simon Cook (Director) has operational control of the policy and is responsible for its implementation.
Specialist health and safety advice will be sought as and when required from a suitable Health and Safety practitioner.
Each project is allocated to a nominated member of staff (a qualified geologist) as project manager, who will remain the single point of contact throughout the project and is responsible for implementing all applicable health, safety and environmental procedures and ensuring that safe systems of work are followed at all times.
Quality Policy Statement
GeoLogic Consultants Limited is committed to providing the highest quality service. We listen to our
customers, continually reviewing our processes in line with business needs and maximising the efficiency of
systems. The principal elements of our policy are:
- a) To develop and maintain a Quality Management System, which forms the framework for achieving
continual improvement, complete client satisfaction and full realisation of all company objectives.
- b) To focus on the requirements of customers, establishing levels of communication capable of fully
determining their needs and expectations.
- c) To establish and maintain an infrastructure capable of supporting all company activities and realising all
- d) To identify scope for improvement in every aspect of the company’s activities, devising and
implementing effective solutions throughout.
- e) To set measurable targets for achievement and to monitor and record our achievements against them.